Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Open to the World -- Blogging

This is really strange, first a few geek-techie types do this, now anyone can...

I am a "copycat" I guess. Friends start doing blogs, I have to try as well. It does not appear too difficult, much like typing a comment to someone elses' or to a message board.

My main hobby has been scrapbooking, this has been going on for about 3 years now. Part compulsion, and part obsession. For a very intense 6 months I really was trying to get published, that was my "short term goal," No matter what, I was going to see my work in print. The killer was a contest, and nothing. That was it, nothing, not even a "we like this LO or that page to use elsewhere."

Deflanted, defeated, depressed -- no joy or drive left

Reorient, regroup, and recover, a on-line retail site I frequent (heck, I'm always there on the message boards) several of the winners, and previously published scrapbookers commented and praised what I did.

Okay, maybe magazines don't want me, but my family does. Maybe the editors don't like it, but other people do... So unless it's a "game" of chance, I don't think I will go through that ever again.

Many things in life are like that, you become obcessed and stressed,. Sometimes you have to take a step back and look at "WHY?" And put into perspective...

There was a saying that shows up now and then, about how "dust bunnies" and house cleaning can wait while a mother rocks her child. Yea - that's it.

My (step) daughter once told me, while we were doing chores together, "there is no such thing as "quality time" with a kid, you only get "quality time" when you spend quanity time."

What are you doing here? Reading this stuff, go hug a person in your life, spend a little quanity time.

1 Comments:

At April 02, 2005 12:39 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Sandy??? WHAT did you do to your hand??? Are you okay?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home