Sunday, July 10, 2005

Does travel promote family "togetherness?"

Okay, it's been a LONG, long time since I updated this blog.

We have "survived" the long drive East from California. Maybe overplanning was the key, or the fact once on I-80, it was I-80 all the way to the Ohio Turnpike!

Maybe it was age, maturity, or that I was with another person, and we had "tag-alongs" with us.

Two vehicles worked out, but it was exahusting on a few days. All I wanted to do after driving all day was crash on the bed and sleep. But with a dog as a travel companion, you do need to see to their needs first, and last thing, every day.

Teen daughter did do a little driving, and I am sorry to all those that followed us, I think those gouges in the payment will smooth out after a bit more summer sun and some 18-wheeler traffic. It was worse in Nevada, "it's only an 8 hour drive to go back, we can leave now and be back before morning..." It was her mantra, "I hate this, I don't want to move!" Dad kept her most of the way in the truck, he would turn up the tunes to drown her out.

Princess (the dog) and I had a mostly quiet time, she was "doped-up" and spent most of the days on the road in a stupor. But wouldn't you know, by the last couple days, adapted to the meds and was almost her normal, "hyper in the car" self. This meant more PP (pee and play) breaks.

We saw family, and wonder of wonders, after an intense couple days with a real estate agent (you looking in MD, have I got an agent for you), found something we liked, made an offer and got it. First time, no counters, it's just a wait of almost 2 months.

Daughter was sent off to see other family, and only we three remain. A taste of life after said child departs the home nest for good. Oh I am sooo loving it too!

I hope to get a digital scrapbook of the trip done this week, and the IRL book done as well. Then back to catching up on the last 6 months.

It's summer time, and the living should be easy, no yard, no housework, no hassles... :)

2 Comments:

At July 11, 2005 1:36 PM, Blogger Mimi said...

Sandy - I'm so excited to see you have resurfaced! Congratulations on getting the home and congratulations on surviving the trip East!

 
At July 23, 2005 7:17 PM, Blogger May said...

Sandy how did I not know you had a blog? I sure hope that you are doing great back east. I miss you!!! Thanks for the kind words about the page. I like how it turned out! (you can't see the gold pen in the picture, but you get the idea. I'll have to drop in here to check on you!!! =)

May

 

Post a Comment

<< Home