Wednesday, July 30, 2008

July 30, 2008, It is over yet?

There are not many times that I cannot wait for "it" to be over, complete, finished, move on to the next thing.

There are many things going on in the household, and in the greater world in general that I personally would like to be done it, finished, completed, filed and forgotten. But... chaos rules, the world in is disorder, things may get worse before better. Holding patterns are in holding and it is getting very tiring.

To start with, it is the "dog days of summer" it is HOT, it is HUMID, and we are burning money by having the air conditioner on. I feel like a shut0in and developing "cabin fever." The dogs are worse for it. On a day like today, they have limited access outside, they are older dogs and too much heat and humidity is bad for them.

I feel trapped by all the demands on me. Care of the pets, care of the house and yard, care of the cleaning and maintenance, and my full load of classes this summer. The rest of the household is no help.

Since the last postings last summer, DD has returned home to her bed -- with a "friend with benefits/finance" Dad allows it, she is his biological daughter, I'm just the "evil-step-monster" (St. Elmo's Fire anyone?). It's up and down, although he does make himself useful and helpful around the house sometimes. Other times... well...

Plus we are going to house a "homeless" friend (temporary) that is in a finance bind. I'm not sure how long she will be here, she's a Federal Agent in a "famous" agency, and has come to like her lifestyle where she is living next to a Metro stop and uses Metro for everything and has a little bit of life outside of work.

A dissolution of a business that she was involved with (partnership) is the cause of the finance woes. She is in a legal battle with the other partners, and should she win - the finance trouble, (all releated to legal fees) will be over and maybe her debts cleared too.

WARNING to anyone considering a business "partnership," to dissolve a losing one IS MORE EXPENSIVE than a divorce. Think it through carefully, and if ANY OF YOUR friends advise AGAINST IT, please listen to them.

Character counts, in spouses, in friends and in business partners. I am reading and hearing about so many business that are failing or failed because of a lack of scruples and integrity. A dear friend is losing a good chunk of her retirement savings, because she invested in a business partnership with a couple people with less scruples and integrity.

Hey, as I type I am seeing that this applies to my husband's current work situation, and to adult children still suckling at their parents' teats.

Okay, I should amend that the kids are not all that bad, they do, do things, when asked. I am more upset that they even wait to be asked to do something, anything. I also am a little upset over the fact they do not contribute to th household finances, or pay any bills but auto insurance, gas and incidentals. Okay, rant over.

I am tired of being a shut-in, I am tired of waiting for "this" to be over and "next" to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home